Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Change

Why is it so easy for our children to adjust to change but it takes us forever to get use to new things? The economy, a new job, a new home..these things take time for adults to adjust to. When I relocated to Georgia, I thought my girls would have a hard time getting use to a new place. There would be new friends, a new school, just too much new stuff. Well I must say after nearly five years they are the most well adjusted girls in the world. They have the most precious friends who love only to spend time laughing and giggling with them. They don't need fantastic toys and expensive games to keep them busy. They act out plays they've written and sing songs from musicals (Cats, Sound of Music, Legally Blonde and the Wiz are household favorites) and they just simply enjoy each others company.

It seemed like it took my husband and I forever to adjust. I didn't have any friends here and I felt shoot I'm old and don't care if I don't have any friends. Now yall know that's a lie!! I must say, I have met life changing friends since moving to Georgia. I have a network of women who would be sitting in a jail cell with me laughing about how we got there. These ladies are awesome! Thank you ladies...SMILE!!

So change isn't so bad. Recognizing the need to let people in and understanding that its ok to ask for help is a major part of change. Allowing yourself to evolve and welcoming the new you is an awesome experience. What ever stage of life your in, or country, or challenge, embrace the change. Accept that it will only enhance who you are and once your through you will find a better you.

Lovin' You is Easy,

Have a wonderful day!!


J

No comments:

Post a Comment